The Alliance for Shared Values (AfSV) is happy to announce the inaugural Young Leaders in Civic Engagement Award. This award will highlight ongoing or new civic engagement projects and recognize the efforts of the young changemakers who demonstrate leadership abilities through projects that build relationships in their communities and work together toward positive change. The awardees will receive a certificate and a monetary award, as well as join the first cohort of the AfSV Youth Ambassadors network.
As Youth Ambassadors, you will have the following opportunities:
- Receive consulting on prospective projects
- Receive consulting on participating in local, national, or international conferences and events
- Participate in training and professional development programs
- Benefit from the professional and social networks of AFSV and its partners
- Receive assistance in grant applications
What is civic engagement?
Civic engagement is the process of connecting individuals of diverse cultural, religious or ethnic backgrounds in society who share common interests and work for the common good by addressing issues of public concern. As an umbrella organization for several institutions to form a nationwide network, AfSV has been working toward promoting community service, education, and interfaith dialogue. With this initiative, we hope to support and recognize young social innovators who contribute meaningfully to society through civic engagement.
- Be a high school or college student.
- Live in the United States or Canada.
- Have a mentor when submitting their proposal.
- A mentor must be an adult professional with scholarly or practical experience in social responsibility and/or civic engagement projects.
- Please contact us if you need assistance finding a mentor.
- Apply as a group of at least 3 members.
One of the main components we look for in projects is that they bring together a diverse group of people from different cultures, religions, and/or ethnicities.
June 5, 2021 – Informational Session
August 30, 2021 – Deadline to submit a project proposal
September 15, 2021 – Project proposal approval notices
July – December 2021 – Implementation of the project
January 9, 2022 – Final submissions with an impact report
February 12, 2022 – Award Ceremony
You will receive an approval notice within 1 week of your submission. We encourage you to submit your proposals earlier than August 30.
If you would like to schedule another informational session, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
1st place: $3500
2nd place: $2500
3rd place: $1500
For any questions, please contact our team at email@example.com